Due to COVID-19, the National Teen Leadership Program will not be hosting a 2021 in-person leadership camp.
For 27 years in a row, the National Teen Leadership Program has held at least one camp every summer. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the President of California State University, Sacramento has officially announced that the University will not be hosting in-person summer events. The safety of our teens, volunteer staff, and our community is of upmost importance. As leaders in creating positive environments that empower, inspire and educate all teens, we want to lead by example and keep our community safe. We hope to see everyone back in Sacramento in summer 2022!
TO STAFF OUR LEADERSHIP CAMP:
- You must have graduated from high school and completed one year of college or have one year of work experience.
- The next most important thing is having the desire to GIVE BACK the motivation, inspiration, and enthusiasm you got from the program as an attendee.
If we can get just one student per camp to step beyond their barriers and to come out believing they are a leader, it is all worth it. I am so happy about what we have done so far. We can do it because NTLP has helped us become leaders. I know some of us, especially me, would not think of ourselves as leaders unless we came to this camp. I do not want this program to ever end. I want to know that OUR children will be able to attend NTLP and come back with a new understanding of leadership, life, and themselves… Scott Higa (alumnus, 1998).
Sacramento State University, Sacramento, CA: July 30 to August 2, 2020
Staffers are so committed, they pay their own room and board to attend. This year’s staff fee is just $249 and includes your room and board for four days and three nights, all meals, no sleep and your own NTLP staff polo. (Transportation is on your own.)
STAFFING APPLICATION & TRAINING PROCESS:
- Fill out the form below by April 22, 2020.
- After applying, we’ll set an appointment to interview via video conference. This applies to both new and returning staff.
- Get a background check.
- Once confirmed to staff, a $50 deposit is required and the remainder of your Staff Fee is due before July 30, 2020.
- Attend the NTLP Staff Leadership Retreat July 11th in Sacramento, CA.
- Participate in all webinar staff trainings prior to camp – Webinar on May 6th and Webinar 2 on June 3rd.
- Attend full-day training the Thursday before camp.
- Pay full staff fees by July 30, 2020. Only $249!!!
We will need a minimum of 35-45 staff at camp.
Roles Available: Group Leader, Hearts for Behind the Scenes Operations
Note: The application process does not work in the Safari browser. Please use Chrome or another browser.
Log In to Update Your Info
If you have any technical problems with Campintouch or your application,
please call CampMinder Technical Support at 303-444-2267, option 3, and they can help you troubleshoot the issue.
You can also contact NTLP directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 800-550-1950.